Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Few Firsts

Ok, so I know it's been a while since I've updated my blog (thanks for the nudge, Jules). Life with kids is all about firsts. And we've had a few around here lately.

FIRST, came the dentist appointment where we found out that our 6 and a half year old had his first real loose tooth! He had been rather bummed b/c other kids in his class had not only loose teeth but had lost one or two already! I myself am not shocked...when lil D was 9 months old I remember taking him to a check-up scared out of my wits because the kid had NO TEETH. I thought for sure Dr. C would tell me that he in fact had been born with NO TEETH. He clearly was not meeting this milestone.

So our beloved, ever positive Dr. C said "Don't worry I promise he'll have teeth by the time he goes to prom". The very next week he started cutting his first bottom tooth. Pfffeeewww.

So, lil D has taken up eating apples. He's hoping it will make his tooth fall out. More power to ya!




NEXT, came the Snowmagetton. I LOVE snow, I do. I love sledding, skiing, snow angels, snowmen, and even shoveling the darn stuff. It brings back so many happy memories from my childhood and from my time in college in Erie PA. The kids had off school, we played in it, we drove around in it and we for sure tried our best to shovel ourselves out of it. Thank goodness a neighbor and an old friend came to the rescue with a snow blower...we couldn't hack it with a shovel. The funny part was that with all the snow he didn't really know where he was hacking away with that machine and we lost a couple landscape lights! But, oh well...it sure was fun!

The view from the house...



Snowball fight!~


And after all the icy fun, we would come in and make these...a total kid-creation. Hot chocolate with M&M's, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup.


Third, was a first I was not looking forward to. My lil A's first haircut : ( She is turning three this month and I had more than a few expectations of myself of a mother of a little girl. I would always dress her cute, she would never go a day without a bow in her hair and I would never cut that said hair. NEVER. I would just let it grow to Rapunzel-like beauty no matter what. So, then came the rats nests. The ends of her hair were getting really angry about being around since birth and decided to give up! I had to give her a trim and she still looks adorable and it will grow back...right?

She loves her new look!

So that's all for now...next up V-day and lil D's on stage debut! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. a-freaking-dorable. love the new do ava and good luck with the wiggly tooth little d :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally the update! Hee Hee Hee thanks!!! Sophia just lost her first tooth too! Looks like you've had alot of fun, I love the hot choc creation, I want one next time I'm over. cute do A...you are sweet!

    ReplyDelete